August 20, 2010

Changes . . .

     Wow, how things have changed in the time since I last posted here. I really liked updating the Blog, but at some point Facebook took over as a more convenient way to update friends and family.  Plus, I think maybe I was naive to think that the Blog was for others - it really was (and is) something I enjoy doing and that is okay too.  So, I think I will keep the Blog for our friends who don't use Facebook, and put links to updates on Facebook for our friends who do. 

       So . . . "Changes" . . . To just say "changes" is an understatement to the last 18 months of our lives. Learning first hand how wonderful and challenging parenting can be seems to be the most significant change, but is it?

Well, add to that getting a new job; selling our house without a realtor; living apart during the week while I work in Oxford; Beckyanne here packing the whole house (with Sam's "help"!); about to put two full families plus a baby into one house; the hottest August I can remember in 4 decades.  Whew! That's a LOT to wrap our heads around in a very concentrated period of 2 months, but we are trying to handle it the best we are able. Luckily, we have had great support from God, family and friends. Thanks to everybody!

      And all that is Great!  Some days it feels like there's a lot more going on than that. I don't know. I am sure I am just losing my mind.  Anyway, here's a recent picture of Sam and he's SO excited!

SCROLL DOWN                   SCROLL DOWN                           SCROLL DOWN

and

Check him out -
















Oh Wait . . . Right . . . THAT'S what it was - Sam will be a Big Brother in about 6 months!  Looks like he is as happy as we are.  Our perseverance has been rewarded by God with this child.  Beckyanne and I are very excited and can't wait for her/him to be here with us and Big Brother. 

Here are a few extra pictures from this morning:


                                                                         "What? "
                                                            "I'm going to have to SHARE???"

 -Mickey

8 comments:

Sallie Belle said...

Praise the Lord! What a blessing! Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for us all! What a surprise. Talk about "changes" WE are thrilled for you and happy for ourselves
Gamma

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a blessing! We are thrilled for y'all!

Love,

Erin, Colby, Patten and Celia

Anonymous said...

JUst had to re-read the blog and let it sink in!! So happy for you

gamma

Renee H Clark said...

Wow!! Congratulations my dear friend on everything! The job, the move, and the new baby!! That is fantastic! You are a wonderful person and you deserve to be happy and to be so blessed!! I hope and pray that all will continue to go well for you & your lil family! Your lil' man is growing up so fast and is sooo cute! Love the caption about sharing!! I've never had the pleasure of meeting your wife but I am sure she is a very special lady since she has made you so very happy! May God bless you two as you enter the new doors that God has opened for you! Keep posting those photos and keep us updated!

Ann Wyndham said...

Sallie Ding is right--Praise the Lord!!!! So happy for y'all!!! Sam is a cutie-pie and will be a great big brother:) I'm so excited about y'all's move as well! You must be overwhelmed right now--so many wonderful blessings. I was just thinking about y'all the other day--we are singing "He Looked Beyond My Fault and Saw My Need" in choir. It is a beautiful arrangement and you sang it so beautifully all those years ago.
Love you guys, Ann Wyndham and Rob

Lori Harrington said...

GOD IS SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!! That is the best news I've heard in some time!!!! Congratulations!!

Bekkie said...

Congratulations!!! God is so wonderful; such good gifts He gives to his children! I'm very happy for you both.