No photos this week (which may make some folks happy! Ha Ha). If Samuel arrives at 36 weeks on time we are down to the final 3 weeks. Our anticipation is great and with me being in the middle of a MAJOR bathroom renovation, tensions are pretty high too! However, BA is very patient with me and I am working hard to have everything ready for Sam's arrival. For the last four days, I have pretty much lived under the house in the crawlspace trying to do plumbing, electrical and whatever needs doing, while above ground my father-in-law, Jimmy, has been the resident carpenter. He has been so much help that I couldn't begin to say "Thank You" enough. So I will take this opportunity to tell him that I love him. He's more that my father-in-law, he's many things to me. They include: my brother, my friend, my carpenter, my electrician, my teacher, my example of somethings to do and some things NOT to do, and well, he's righteously my Homey, Yo. "Peace, J-Dawg!"
It seems like every time we fix one problem, two pop up in the place of the last one. Then yesterday as we were about to head to Lowe's to get some framing lumber for the shower, we couldn't find the keys to Jimmy's truck - and never found them. So today, we are having a new key cut so that he will be able to go back home at some point. I am sure he thinks I deliberately lost his key to get him to stay working while I am at my office during the week, and if I had been smart enough to think of that, it would be true. So for now we just have to keep saying "It's gonna be SO nice!" and keep working until it's done.
On Friday's check up, Sam was 5 pounds and 2 ounces and more active than ever. It took the better part of the day for the nurses to get him still enough to monitor his heartbeat. He continues to get good scores on all of his tests. What a blessing and an answer to our prayers! Thanks to all of you who have and continue to pray for Sam, for Beckyanne and for me. We can really feel the love and concern from so many who have us on their hearts and minds during this wonderful, but tenuous time.
BA's mom, Suzanne, was here to go with her and to spend Saturday helping BA look at fabric, baby clothes, diaper bags and anything else we need. We were grateful to have her here while I have been busy huffing and complaining about the work going on. Please continue to pray for Sam's development and health, for our doctor (Katie Patterson), for all of the nurses and hospital staff who are doing a great job caring for BA and Sam! I will update again after the the Friday check-ups for the final few weeks. Until then . . .
-Mickey
4 comments:
Hey my friend,
Wonderful times....I'll keep you high in my prayer list. Please keep me posted.
Tell J dawg I said hi!! Also I have a very exciting surprise to bring to the shower!!Can't wait to see the renovations and ya'll! Love ya'll!-CACA
J-Dawg, huh? Well, I am glad you guys are making progress. I know it will be very nice! I hope all continues to go well. Thanks for the update!
Love to you-
Aunt Heather
Thought we'd have an update by now. I am praying for all of you.Love,Peg
Post a Comment