Beckyanne's baby shower was this afternoon and there was about a 90% show rate on the invitations that were sent out. Wow! As I understand it, there were over 40 people in attendance. Thanks to all who hosted the shower and all who came. Sam got so many wonderful things. We are getting tight on space even before he has arrived. It made Beckyanne feel loved that so many family members and friends drove in for her shower. We both know that its not a fun drive to the heart of the Delta from anywhere, so thanks again to those who made the trip for us and for Sam.

As we near his birthday, which is coincidentally Presidents day (is that a sign of things to come???), instead of anxiety or nervousness I find myself becoming calm and collected. It's a peaceful feeling that only God could instill. So, I pray!
-I pray for that continued peace.
-I pray for a safe delivery and for a healthy son.
-I pray to be the strong father that Sam needs.
-I pray to be the caring husband that Beckyanne needs.
-I pray that God watches over us as we care for the special son that He has entrusted to us for this brief period of time.
-I pray that Sam sees God in us as parents.
-I pray . . .




3 comments:
I pray too! BTW, did you know that Sam is going to share his birthday with Mr. Bubber? Isn't it neat that Grandmother Fletcher and BeckyAnne are having a son on the same day and lived/live in the same house? Can't wait to hear the next update. Take care of all of you!
I am praying too!And believing that all will go well. Peg
It was a lovely shower and Backyanne got so many wonderful and useful gifts. The days are counting down. We are all thankful for Beckyanne and Sam's continuing good reports from Dr. Patterson ( who I was glad to meet) I look forward to Monday and meeting my newest Grandson
Post a Comment