October 21, 2008





Alright, I am sorry that I have not updated the BLOG in so long, and really appreciate hearing that so many people have been checking in here to get updates. Also, I know you have to register on Google to be able to leave a comment, and I am sorry about that. I had no idea it worked like that when I set up this site. Anyway, on to more important things . . . .

Most of you know that today was our day to go to Jackson and see a prenatal specialist to check the baby's heart, lungs and major organ functions, as well as to see if there were any early signs of potential birth defects. The baby looks so great as you can see from the photo above! And for those who have trouble "seeing" ultrasound photos - the picture shows the profile of the baby with the top of the head at the left of the photo and shows the baby sucking it's thumb. How Awesome is that!?! I am here to tell you, God surrounded us all day today and His presence was more evident than I can describe here. It was definitely one of our best days.

Of course when there's good news, there seems to aways be a down side. When we got pregnant with Lucy it took me forever to paint the nursery. My laziness notwithstanding, I am colorblind and had a hard time seeing the pale pink color on the walls and in the end had to have the help of a small army to get it done. And I will be danged - this baby is going to make me spend another $50 and paint all over again. It's a Boy! (Like I didn't know that everyone was reading all of my other ranting to get to that, LOL) We are so very excited! BA may even be a little scared seeing how active he was on the ultrasound today. We both imagine chasing him around as much as the ultrasound girl was having to chase him to get his photos. Of course, her advantage is that he only had a small space in which to run from her, and she only had to chase him for half an hour.

It's now the end of a long and wonderful day and we both are gonna get some rest. Thanks to everybody for sharing in our joy. Hopefully we will announce his name here very soon.

-Mickey

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that the baby is a BOY!! I know all about them and will be glad to help out anytime. I do believe you owe Carla some Money.
I am so happy for the two of you!!!!

The Crain Family said...

Love the pictures! What a sweet little man. Wilson is going to be SO PUMPED to have such a special playmate....I think HG will be thrilled too - Just another little bunny to boss around! Congratualtions on your latest miracle!

Anonymous said...

A BOY! Congratulations!! The picture of him sucking his thumb is so cute! I am so happy for y'all--what a blessing!

beth said...

congrads--you two--just text me day or night if you need me--I will be there--I like him sucking his thumb-

Gamma said...

We are so happy for you two! Of course we would be anyway-no matter what the flavor. Oh Well I will just have to change my "watched" items on E-Bay. We are thankful for the other good words from the MD too. This is a special baby for all of us. He is a miracle How about William Jackson, or William Randolph, or William Still, or Rickey Bobby

Ann Wyndham said...

Wonderful News!!! So happy for y'all!!! How about Mickey's old name from highschool that was 7 or 8 words long? I honestly can't remember it all, but maybe you can!
If you guys ever have a little extra time when you come to Jackson for an appointment, we'd love to see y'all!
Love you all, Rob and Ann W.

Sandra said...

Congrats to all of you! So glad to hear you had a great visit with the specialist.

Another William Michael Mickey Mickle Mantle Mallette. There you go Ann Wyndham!

Laura Harris said...

Wow!! Congratulations!! I'm so happy for y'all! Babies are such sweet miracles and blessings! I adore the picture of him sucking his little thumb. You'll be so happy he does (around March or April) when he can comfort himself back to sleep. I can't wait to meet him some day, and good luck with that five-part baby name. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Beckyanne! I was on Walk 222 and just got your blog from our daily Emmaus e-mail. Just wanted to stop by and tell you congratulations on finding out that you're having a little baby boy and that the sonogram pics are TOO cute of him sucking his thumb!! I really enjoyed your testimony at Emmaus and wanted to let you know that I keep you and your sweet family in my prayers. Good luck with everything!!
~Jenny McNeill

april and chino said...

I am so excited that you had a good report from the doctor. I know first hand what a blessing little boys are. You are in for crazy but wonderful times!

Gamma said...

We loved seeing you both for Big Daddy"s birthday. He enjoyed all the fun and fellowship. It was a great day. I just look at your blog and the precious picture of the baby everyday. Why not William MIcheal Mallette Jr and call him William (how original) You will pick a name and we will love it!

Gamma said...

Sunday night after a long weekend, I am looking forward to an easy week and then vacation time. I think that the baby has my fingers.
How about "Buck" I wanted to name Beckyanne James Claude Jr and call him Buck --BucK Mallette Kinda has a nice ring to it.

Gamma said...

I know that MIckey has been under the weather and I hope you both are felling better. I can not wait to learn the little one's name so hurry up and decide. we will love what ever you chose Just keep feeling good and take care of yourselves

Gamma said...

Obviously I can not spell or the battery to the keyboard is going down again Maybe a little of both! So feel better and choose wisely