September 30, 2008

Gameday In The Rain






At the time of the last posting, we were off to spend the afternoon in the Grove to enjoy the soft sunshine and cool Autumn temperatures of late September anxiously awaiting the kickoff of the first SEC game of the year for Ole Miss. How perfect that would be... "Snap! Snap!" Back to reality...

The real picture was more like this: Hanging out in Oxford with family and friends - a little rain, a little mud, ALL the humidity of the Deep South, about 30 people trying to fit under tents made for 20 and the Rebels letting Vandy steal a win in our own backyard. LOL

It was such a great break for us, just like we had hoped it would be. We got to accept hugs of Congratulations instead of just hearing the words. We got to see small children in their Red & Blue without a care in the world both before - and after - the game, no matter who lost. We got to imagine being there again soon with our own little Rebel, making Daddy miss kickoff wiping runny noses and putting band-aids on skinned knees. Mommy missing the game completely to keep the schedule of meal times and bed times. We can't wait!

Hope all is well with everybody between now and the next post. "Hotty Toddy!" to the Rebels and their big win over the Gators in Gainesville. We are hoping Spurrier will be throwing his visor all day long in Oxford this Saturday. Beckyanne will be in Grenada working an Emmaus Walk and I will be here preparing for another 6-week term of court in the heart of the Delta - God's Country.

Less than 150 days now!

-Mickey

14 comments:

Sandra said...

Mickey,
That is a BEAUTIFUL picture of you and BeckyAnne. I am glad y'all had a good break. I can't wait to give you a congratulatory hug myself! Take care. I love all of you!

Gamma said...

Oh! Ijust loved all the pictures. Mickey, you have such an eye for getting just the right shot! We all can hardly wait until I can sew and outfit your "Little Rebel"

Unknown said...

You know, for a half a second it almost sounded tempting to be a rebel. You put it so elegantly. Who knew you were such a great writer!?!?But then I snapped back into Bulldog reality!! HA HA....

Unknown said...

I still think it is hilarious and so ironic that we ended up with Rebels as best friends!!!!

Mickey Mallette said...

I am just glad to see y'all leaving comments...it would make me feel better about who is (or isn't) looking at the blog, if everyone would leave at least one comnment if they took the time to come look at the Blog. LOL

Anonymous said...

You take such good pics!!! Great to see yours and beckyanne's smiling faces!

lesa moore said...

Mickey,
I have visited your blog several times and I love the updates and the pics. I'm so excited for you both. God is good!
Love you guys!

The Crain Family said...

OK, I have been trying to leave posts, but hasn't worked. I can't remember my google id. Anyway, I am going to try and do this one more time! Loved the blog and the pictures - they are great especially the one of you and BA. I hope the walk went well. I am still hoping that you can take pictures of teh kids in their Christmas outfits (they are fab if I do say so), but more importantly it is Wilson's last "frilly" outfit and I can't think of a better person to capture the memory for me! They aren't in, but I will keep you posted. I am still trying to figure out how to post the blog to my facebook, but I can't get it. Do you know? Hope all is well!
Love, H

The Crain Family said...

YAY!!!!! It worked...and YES, I am a dork!

Gamma said...

I check daily for updates. I keep forgetting how to "blog" I pulled your blog up at work adn now everybody there can watch your progress.

Mickey Mallette said...

Thanks Suzanne,

My original plan was to update about once a week. However Baby news has been slow - all good, but slow. So to keep up my "at least one a week" pace, I may have to post on some non-baby news also. I will updat before Wednesday morning of this week! Love to all! Encourage others to post comments to the Blog!

Gamma said...

It is Thursday. Hopw all is well and you both are doing fine. Since we do not know or care whether we are getting a "she" or "he" baby, I got a dzrling pair of pumpkin booties for "new BAby.

Gamma said...

Sorry I did notknow about thw missing person and I know you are busy. Hope you can get to the bottom of this

Gamma said...

If I can not figure out if the babys's sex if on this page I will be mad. Is there a new post from you and I just can not figure out how to get there. "My battery is nearly out" my foot.