September 10, 2008

12 Weeks Today!

Ok, I got the Blog sent out and "the cat is out of the bag" so to speak. The most common question people have asked is, "What is the Due Date?"

In my technologically oriented brain, I just knew the Countdown Clock on the right hand side of the Blog was a GREAT idea. However, I already knew the due date. So everybody just pull out your calendars and start counting those 169 days from today . . . it should come out to February 26, 2009. That's the due date: February 26.

Of course, the birth will most likely be a planned cesarean (sp?) and there are some factors that could affect the actual delivery date, but for now we will stick with the date the doctor gave us. And I labelled the Due Date using very simple words above the Countdown Clock for all the non-technical folks. (Did that sound like I meant the older people? Ha! Ha!)

I sent the email this morning and the response has been awesome! We are supposed to get another ultrasound done next Thursday, so I will post then too. Beckyanne has been so worried because the first picture was so "fuzzy", but taking a good picture at 7 weeks old is tricky for anyone - even as talented as this child is. So according to my philosophy of "preserving the memory" as it is (not as you want it is be), the first photo is the first picture I have of exactly what our child looked like at 7 weeks!

As a side note, many people have been confused about this great family photo that was previously at the very top of the Blog:
Let me start by saying that this is MY favorite photo of us on our honeymoon. We were out exploring the island of St. Thomas, and we handed the camera to someone we have never even seen in our life, in a place we have never been to in our life. Not smart! And what you see in the photo is "exactly" what they took. I found it funny and it evokes the great memories of that trip. It reminds me of being with BA in such a beautiful place and just having small adventures without a care in the world. What a wonderful time! That will always be my favorite honeymoon photo. Sorry if I confused some of you. We had reports of some people who thought I had accidentally cut off our heads while posting this picture . . . still others who kept scrolling up and scrolling up to try and see our faces . . . so for all those who wondered, now you know - the REST of the story!

But have NO FEAR, it has been replaced by a photo that (by request) shows our sweet faces. A photo that is dear to me as well. If anyone visiting this blog can tell me the origin of why we are posed like we are staring out into nowhere in the photo, then your name goes into the pool for naming the new baby(ies). (Hint: it has nothing to do with pumpkins or the Blues Brothers. It would also help if you knew me at OleMiss or knew any fraternity friends of mine.) Good Luck!

-Mickey

3 comments:

G-man said...

glad u cleared that up...lol.....i mean a lawyer should be more specific especially for us old folk... :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, Congrat'ssssss!!! I am so excited for the two of you. As this little one grows inside B.A. I want ya'lls bond and love for each other, to grow as well (as I know it will) Take very good care of each other. Live, Love and Laugh..together, that makes for better parents! What an exciting time this is. Love you guys, Beverly

Peggy Yarbrough said...

I am just so excited for you!!! This is great news! You looked especially beautiful Sat. Now I know why!!!! I love the blog. I will look forward to keeping up with you three all the way through!!! Thanks for sending it to me!
Love you lots,
Peg