November 21, 2008

And the winner is . . .



I am starting this post even before I know for sure what his name will be, but I want to say how great the response has been to the Name Game. We had over 60 votes! I know it's the First Annual "Name The Mallette Baby" Election, but there was still record turnout at the polls. We even had a few out-of-state voters, whose votes did get counted.

Also, there were people who just couldn't follow the instructions of voting for just 1 name and a lot who suggested new variations - those votes did not get counted. (Ha Ha) Sorry guys! So, without further adieu, the results from the online voting are as follows:

Samuel Ayden Mallette 44%
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Douglas Mallette 25%
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wiliam Webb Mallette 24%
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Undecided", Write-Ins, or
votes for more than one name 7%

In addition to the voting, we tried to confirm our choice by going back to "the Boot" (pictured below). The boot helped us with Lucy, so we returned to the boot again. The boot is wise and, in fact, confirmed our choice. Of course, we have acted like there was really a choice all this time and the Name Game has been lots of fun for us, but SAMUEL AYDEN MALLETTE has been his name since even before I was born.

God has known Sam and what his name would be all along. The real winners are Beckyanne and me. God has blessed us with a son and we hope we can honor that gift by raising him in a way that will please God.


-Mickey

6 comments:

Gamma said...

The real winner is --All of us! Little Sam is loved already!

SAM'S BIG DADDY said...

GREAT NAME. I CAN NOT WAIT TO MEET THE LITTLE MAN THAT GOES WITH THE NAME!!

MarkB said...

Excellent choice!!!

Sandra said...

Amen! Precious little Sam.

The Crain Family said...

Love it! I am a little upset that my vote didn't count, BUT Samual was one of my choices!! So excited!!!!

Sarah Mae said...

I love the name!! I can't wait to meet him.