February 12, 2009

307 East Percy "connection"

Four days left and all is well (other than Lowe's not having the tile I need to complete the shower)! We are still set to go in on Monday, February 16, 2009 - President's Day- and welcome Sam into the world.

I have recently realized an added "connection" we have to dear friends (family really). Our house at 307 East Percy Street was once the boyhood home of Bubber Fletcher, who is the father of one of my best friends growing up, Ann Wyndham (Fletcher) Chambers. Buying this house knowing that the Fletchers had lived here was very special to me, and now I also know that February 16th is also Mr. Bubber's birthday. How awesome that Sam will share his birthday with someone we love and admire who also grew up in this house.

Now, most people know that we have an apartment that we rent that is behind our house, but what you may not know is that the Fletcher boys "entertained" a lot in that apartment. I have heard rumors of parties and women, even Miss Americas who have visited the famed 307 East Percy Street apartment. So, I don't know that I will be letting Sam take up residence back there when he grows up< but if I do, it sounds like he will have great stories to tell!

Happy Birthday, Mr. Fletcher! We are proud that you and Sam will have this house and your birthday in common.


-Mickey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two days to go!! I am so excited and just can't wait to meet little Sam. Enjoy your Valntines Day and your weekend "alone" its the quiet before the storm. HAHA - I am only teasing - it will be wonderful!

Aunt Heather

april and chino said...

I am so excited for you two!! I can't wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

I love that you put this on the blog. That was fun and special for all of us and especially Daddy. He got to read it on his birthday--it was a great start to his day! It got even better when he heard that Baby Sam had come. We love y'all and are grateful for this "connection".
Ann Wyndham and the rest of the Fletchers